Well this is exciting. I have never been nominated for one of these before and in the last two weeks I’ve been nominated for three! Since I only post once a week it might take me a while to go through them all, so hang in there, they’re all coming!
I’m starting with the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was nominated by Kkatch22 over at Finding French Charming and I am incredibly pleased she did. Go over and have read of her blog too, you won’t be disappointed.
So, the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Display one of the Sunshine Blogger Award logos
- Nominate 11 (or however many you want) bloggers to receive the award and write 11 questions for them to answer.
Here are the questions I was asked 😊
- What movie would you consider closest to your own life story?
Well this is a hard one. Is there a film that covers the disasters of a thirty something year old?
- What accent do you find the sexiest when you hear someone speak? I always thought Irish was sexy and once dated an Irish man, but we couldn’t understand each other so we were obviously doomed to failure. Oh and there’s a very attractive Spanish man in my life drawing class and it’s very attractive when he speaks Spanish…
- What is the most attractive quality in a potential (or current) partner? Examples: Humor, Romance, Intelligence, or a physical quality?
Most of my friends laugh at how high my expectations of a partner are and quite a lot of them think I need to let go of a few of them… I’m a relatively tall girl so I need a tall man. I like men to be big and burly too, please. I also really appreciate intelligence, kindness, and the ability to make conversation with anyone and everyone.
- Go to beverage or comfort food after a hard day?
Pizza. Without a doubt. I couldn’t live without pizza.
- What is your favorite thing to spend money on, more than you should at times?
Food. It used to be shoes, oh how I’ve changed.
- Super Hero or Vampire? Which would you be and why?
I can’t stand the sight of blood, so I guess I’d have to be a superhero!
- What movie could you watch 100 times? Every time you come across it on TV you watch it even if you come in somewhere in the middle?
Oh a few, I think. Notting Hill (nothing actually happens, but it’s a nice watch. They just don’t make em’ like that anymore). Pitch Perfect (1 or 2). Sex and the City (the first one, obv). Big (with Tom Hanks. Reminds me of being a kid). There’s probably about a million others, but I won’t bore you with any more. Oh one more, Pretty Woman.
- What was the best “come back” line you’ve ever had? (Ex. for me, I was fighting with a boyfriend and my friend asked if I had ever read “Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus”. I replied “It won’t help, he’s from Uranus”)
I wish I could answer this with a funny quip, but I am the queen of thinking up good ‘come backs’ AFTER I’ve walked away. I’m sure some of those are gold!
- What is your signature scent?
When I was at uni it was Jean Paul Gaultier. I remember my friend commenting that he always thought of me when he smelled it. That was nice (or a sign I wore it too much…) Now, I have to admit I don’t really wear perfume. They tend to give me headaches so I’m always reluctant to try new ones just in case.
- What is one piece of advice you hand out the most?
My favourite piece of advice ever is ‘it will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright then it’s not the end’.
- What is the most bizarre gift you ever received?
I once went on a first date and the guy brought me four smoothie bottles from Tesco. I didn’t see him again, but really enjoyed the smoothies over the next few days.
Right, my nominees for Sunshine Blogger Award, in no particular order…
- Carol at bornintothewildlife
- Grace over at gracesholeyear
- Sophie over at thebeautyconsultant
- Clare at challengeclare
- Isabelle at fashionetmoi
- Alex at stripd
- Beth at bethstumbles
- Georgie at lifeinthecottage
- Amy at amymorse
And what I would like to know about all of you lovely ladies is:
- Who inspires you the most and why?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you were an animal what would you be and why?
- What did you have for tea last night? Talk me through the decision-making process.
- Do you work-out? Talk me through your regime.
- What time is your alarm set on work days?
- What is your favourite sweet treat?
- Describe your perfect Saturday.
- Who is your ‘person’? For non Grey’s Anatomy fans that means who is your best friend? Tell me about them.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favourite item of clothing and why?