Blog every day in November (BEDN)… I didn’t do so well at this when it ran in May. I think I managed to do two posts… I’m not promising I’ll do better this time round, especially considering that I am also attempting NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, where a participant is challenged to write an entire 50,000 word novel in the month of November) so it’s looking like I’ll be spending a lot of time on my laptop this month.
So, today’s BEDN topic is ‘New About Yourself’. Which is interesting, cause I don’t think there is anything new about me. This got me thinking and I decided to share 10 things about me that have never changed… or at least, not recently.
- I’ve had the same best friend for over 18 years. Hi Arlene! (I’m pretty sure she reads this…)
- My hair has been blonde, pretty much my entire life. As soon as it started to go dark I started to dye it. There were a few brunette weeks when I was 22, but we won’t talk about those, except to say that they were more purple than brunette.
- I haven’t eaten meat in nearly 10 years.
- I’ve always been scared of needles and blood. The words ‘blood test’ give me cold sweats.
- I’ve pretty much always wanted to write; I even wrote my first ‘novel’ when I was about 12…
- I’ve been in love with Robbie Williams since my teenage years. I don’t see this changing any time soon.
- I still switch all the lights on if I need to get up in the middle of the night. My flatmate freaked me out recently when she switched the hall light off when I was in the shower the other morning. I get up at 6.30am and it was still dark…
- I still watch Hollyoaks. I realise I’m probably not in their target demographic, but whatevs.
- My favourite colour has always been purple. I even had a purple car. I miss him (yes, he was a boy).
- I love dogs. As in, I want to cry when I see particularly cute ones. Which is all of them. Let’s be fair.